Become a Member
As a provincial coalition of local and regional organizations, partnerships, coalitions and networks that are working on Healthy Community initiatives, OHCC's mission is to create innovative solutions to meet community challenges and build strong, equitable and sustainable communities through education, engagement and collaboration.
OHCC was established in 1992 to support local and regional groups, coalitions and networks that are working on Healthy Community initiatives in Ontario. Read about the origins of the Ontario Healthy Community Coalition. We bring together a broad-based group of community and provincial associations, spanning the social, environmental, economic and political spectrums.
By becoming a member, you will be joining a strong and active coalition that will shape the direction of OHCC by:
- participating in OHCC events;
- responding to online membership surveys;
- nominating candidates for the OHCC Board of Directors; and
- voting on resolutions at the OHCC Annual General Meeting.
Help us to continue our important work by joining OHCC today. The fee for membership is $25.00*, which will entitle you to:
- OHCC membership for one year**;
- a charitable tax receipt for $25.00;
- promote your event in our monthly bulletin;
- be recognized in our annual report;
- participate in strategic planning for OHCC;
- join OHCC committees and working groups; and
- advance notice and voting rights at our AGM.
*We do not want our membership fee to be a financial burden on anyone. If you would like to become a member, but are unable to meet the $25.00 fee, kindly email us (members[@]ohcc-ccso.ca) to work out an alternative.
**The membership year is from April 1st to March 31st and is not pro-rated based on the date of membership; membership applications received after January 1st will expire on March 31st of the following year.