Inclusive Community Organizations: A Tool Kit
OHCC has developed a Tool Kit to assist community organizations in becoming more equitable, diverse and inclusive than they are at present. Through our research we discovered that there are a number of training manuals, educational resources and consultation services available to assist groups to enhance their sensitivity and responsiveness to diverse communities. However, these resources are mainly targeted at professionally-staffed, service-providing organizations and are not the type of training resources needed by smaller community groups and organizations.
The purpose of our Tool Kit is to support diversity and improve inclusion within small to mid-sized, volunteer-based, not-for-profit organizations. It provides the necessary foundation for community organizations to develop a "critical lens" which will allow them to reflect on their organization's current position and respond effectively to ensure that they reflect local demographics. The suggestions offered will enable community organizations to develop and adapt initiatives that are appropriate to their individual circumstances.
The Tool Kit includes:
- concrete suggestions for getting started regardless of organizational capacity;
- a self-assessment tool to examine current policies, procedures and/or structures;
- a step-by-step process and action plan for planning an organizational change process to increase inclusion;
- tips on implementing and evaluating the action plan;
- indicators for measuring success; and
- a list of resources and contacts for further assistance.
Hard copy price : $15.00
To order a hard copy please fill out our publication order form.
Download Inclusive Community Organizations: