OHCC relies heavily on volunteers for assistance with communications and event management. Currently, we are accepting applications for our volunteer Healthy Communities Champion program.
OHCC Healthy Communities Champions
- educate Ontarians about Healthy Communities (HC)
- promote Ontario Healthy Communities Coalition (OHCC) services
- encourage people to subscribe to the OHCC Bulletin
- engage people in HC activities
- gather information about organizations and activities related to HC
There are many ways that HC Champions could help OHCC meet these objectives, such as:
- Contributing to OHCC’s Facebook and Twitter sites by posting/tweeting announcements of HC-related events, information and resources.
- Attending networking events on behalf of OHCC
- Distributing OHCC brochures and other materials
- Giving brief presentations on Healthy Communities and OHCC, where appropriate
- Passing along information about OHCC to others who might be interested
- Gathering information about other organizations working towards HC
- Meeting with representatives of other organizations whose mission and values are aligned with OHCC to inform them of OHCC’s services.
HC Champions will:
- Receive an in-depth orientation to Healthy Communities and OHCC
- Participate in networking events that may also benefit you or your organization
- Be exempt from registration fees for many OHCC workshops and events
- Be recognized at the Annual General Meeting, in the OHCC Annual Report and on our website.
HC Champions will:
- Identify themselves as representing Ontario Healthy Communities Coalition at events;
- Engage in self-directed networking and information-sharing activities on behalf of OHCC;
- Provide recommendations to OHCC on workshops and activities of interest in their region;
- Identify opportunities to work collaboratively with other organizations;
- Report activities and hours of work; and
- Obtain advance approval of any expenditures
HC Champions must:
- Be a member of OHCC, either as an individual or as a delegate of an organizational member
- Subscribe to the OHCC bulletin;
- Have some knowledge and background in Healthy Communities or a related field
- Have participated in OHCC events or services